The privacy and security of your personal information are important to us and we will ensure that we keep your data safe and private.
Below we explain who we are, how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the rights that you have with respect to that information.
How we collect your personal information
We will collect your personal information, which is based on the information you provide to us when you use any of the following services:
- When you generate a quote or apply for our products and services via our website
- When you provide your details during telephone calls, which may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes, via live online chat, via email, or via any other appropriate channel of communication
- When you make a claim on your insurance policy
- When you participate in competitions and campaigns via our social media
- Feedback forms and surveys
We also may collect your personal information from third parties, such as:
- Companies or individuals that introduce you to us, e.g. your broker or employer
- Medical professionals and hospitals
Information We Collect
Where we are a data controller of your personal data we may collect the following information about you:
- Basic personal data such as, but not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, gender
- Financial information such as bank details
- Information relevant to your insurance policy such as your previous policies and claims, information about your employment and lifestyle
- IP address
We may require copies of the following documents:
- Company name
- Incorporation certificate
- Business insurance certificates
Personal information about others
We may collect information about other individuals who may be included on an insurance policy.
If you give us information about another person it is your responsibility to ensure and confirm that:
How we use information
We use your personal information to provide you with an insurance policy and all related services.
We process your personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may use your personal data to keep you informed about relevant products and services where you have expressed interest in them and only where we have appropriate legitimate interests.
We may share your personal information within the General & Medical group and the following organizations:
- Insurance underwriters
- Third parties who provide services covered under your insurance policy
- Other third parties who assist us in the administration of your insurance coverage or any associated products or services such as IT providers, marketing agencies
- Any third party that you have nominated to speak to us on your behalf (we will only do this if we get your consent first)
- Regulators and authorities
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Law enforcement agencies
We may use your personal information to contact you to keep you informed about our products, services, and offers that may be relevant to you. This is called Marketing communications. We decide what might be relevant to you based on what information you have requested from us previously, for example, an insurance quote. We will only use your personal information for marketing purposes if we have either your consent or a legitimate interest to both you and us. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you are given an option to opt-out in every marketing communication sent to you. You can also contact us by email or post.
You may request access to a copy of your personal data we hold about you.
You may request to correct any inaccurate data we hold about you, providing it can be proved to be inaccurate.
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing your personal data or to object to processing. However, we reserve the right to reject this request, if there is a legal or regulatory reason for us to keep or process your data.
If you have a complaint, please contact us and we will do everything we can to resolve it.
How long we keep records for
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill our contractual obligation and in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
How to contact us
General & Medical Cannabis Insurance Services.
G&M Insurance Services
Office 354, 14090 Southwest Freeway,
Suite 300, Sugar Land,